This is the release page for X10 2.6.1.
The focus of the X10 2.6.1 release is improvements to Resilient X10. Some highlights include:
- Significant improvements to the performance of resilient finish
- A new resilient store implemented in X10
- Improved standard library APIs for elasticity and non-shrinking recovery.
- Enhancements to the x10.util.resilient.iterative package to exploit elasticity to support non-shrinking recovery.
- Updating of all Resilient X10 sample programs and applications to showcase the improvements in Resilient X10.
- The simplest way to start out with X10 is by using X10DT and Managed X10 (X10 compiled to Java). You can download a single zip file from the list below that contains everything you need to write, compile, and run your first X10 program on your laptop/desktop. The only prerequisite is a Java 6 or newer JVM. Simply unzip and you're ready to run by executing the program called 'x10dt' (or 'x10dt.exe' on Windows).
- X10 2.6.1 Language Specification
- Pre-built binary builds of X10 2.6.1 for selected platforms (also includes sample X10 programs). After downloading, untar and see the INSTALL file for further instructions. If you are using X10DT, you will only need to separately download X10 if you are using remote build/launch support to compile/run X10 programs on a remote computer/cluster.
- Source Distribution of X10 2.6.1 Use this if you want to build X10 yourself, use X10 with CUDA, modify the X10 implementation, or need X10 for a platform that is not one of the ones for which we provide pre-built binaries.
- X10 Benchmarks Selected X10 benchmark programs.
- X10 Global Matrix Library. An X10 class library that provides an implementation of sparse and dense distributed matrices.
- X10 test suite X10 test suite run by our nightly regression testing.
- Standard library documentation is available online. It is also included in all pre-built X10 downloads in the stdlib/x10doc directory.
- More detailed installation and setup instructions for X10DT.
- X10DT Update Site: http://x10.sourceforge.net/x10dt/2.6.1/updateSite/